AMS holds multiple all-inclusive contracts for the management of over 500 remote Aids to Navigation (AtoN) systems.
We are responsible for the installation, inspection, maintenance, repair and continuous upgrade of this national portfolio of critical assets and systems.
Achieving above 99% availability across all systems, AMS’ knowledge and experience is unequalled in the southern hemisphere. As a sitting member of the International Lighthouse and Aids to Navigation Authority (IALA) we deliver and maintain systems that meet these guidelines.
AMS has three types of trades within its maintenance capability: Engineers, electronic services technicians and infrastructure technicians.
Typical customers include:
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Maritime and Safety, Tasmania
- Transport Safety Victoria
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Geoscience Australia
- Air Services Australia
- Maritime Safety Authority Fiji
- PNG National Maritime Safety Authority
- Government of Samoa
- Government of Solomon Islands
- Oil & Gas companies for platform maintenance & inspections